Technical Presales Consultant
Salary dependent on experience.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Technical Presales Consultant to work for an exciting Managed Service Provider operating in a niche market.
As a senior member of the team, you will take ownership and responsibility for the pre-sales engagement process with the client - acting as an ebb3 advocate. You will represent, design and present the ebb3 product portfolio to the client, supporting sales to the decision point and handing it over into the delivery process for business wins.
This role will be based predominately from home within the current environment, visiting our offices in Wilmslow Cheshire when we feel it appropriate, to collaborate directly with other members of the engineering team, or the wider ebb3 team. As part of the role, you will also be required to travel to customer sites throughout the UK for pre-sales meetings and you may also be required to travel internationally in the future. This also means you may be required to work outside of the normal business hours (9 am to 5:30 pm Monday to Friday) from time to time.
- Supporting Commercial Account Managers in customer-facing engagements by architecting a solution and presenting it back to the customer as benefits to choosing an ebb3-architected and managed solution.
- Working with the Commercial Account Managers and the wider ebb3 team to put together a custom solution proposal document.
- Working with customers to fully understand the problems they encounter to enable effective definitions of solution requirements - including documenting any findings and presenting recommendations.
- Keeping up to date with desktop virtualisation industry trends and developments and communicating this information to the wider ebb3 team.
- Keeping up to date with NVidia GPU developments and communicating this information to the wider ebb3 team.
- Responsible for achieving success by driving business growth, influencing sales propositions to win business deals in a Pre-Sales capacity.
- Track and monitor activity and success using AutoTask as a single point of truth for pre-sales activity. Ownership of supporting sales to achieve targets.
- Maintain close, sensitive, and long-term working relationships with key customers’ acting as a trusted advisor.
- Technical Pre-Sales design of networking, security, and managed service solutions with a high level of accuracy. This includes defining solution hardware, licenses, professional services budgets, and services. Lead bids, organizing activity to ensure timely bid submission to meet agreed deadlines.
- Provide 'technical authority' for ebb3 proposals. Submit content, costs, bills of materials and validate content for high level designs for peer review. Peer review designs from other peers and colleagues with critical/positive appraisal.
- Prepare and deliver effective presentations to customers to highlight solution detail and business benefit and help win/close deals.
- Ensure continuity for the customer by providing an effective handover to the delivery teams or scope, commercials etc. for business wins.
- Acting as an ambassador for the company, to raise profile, branding and credibility within the market, delivering excellence to delight our customers.
- R&D/Product Development – working alongside the ebb3 CTO, other consultants, and support engineers, collaborate to develop new products/improve service offerings to customers.
- Keep up to date with developments in Networking, Security and associated technologies and the customer and supplier marketplaces.
- Contribute significantly to the development of Company goals, growth, and profitability targets by being an active member of the ebb3 team and culture.
- Build strong relationships with vendor commercial and technical contacts.
- Working closely with the ebb3 technical solutions architects on solution implementation and support of managed service customers (from time to time).
Essential Technical Experience
- Have worked or are working as the lead Preslaes Technical Architect in the design of VMWare Horizon virtual desktop managed service solutions.
- Knowledge and experience of designing VMWare Horizon 7.X NVIDIA vGPU Virtual Desktop Solutions using PColP and Blast display protocols AND/OR knowledge and experience of designing Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.X and above NVIDIA vGPU Virtual Desktop Solutions using Citrix HDX 3D pro display protocols.
- Has knowledge and experience of designing VMWare Horizon 7.X Linux Virtual Desktop Solutions AND/OR designing Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.X and above Linux Virtual Desktop Solutions
- Has knowledge and experience of designing VMware vSAN solutions.
- Has knowledge and experience of the operation of Linux desktop operating systems such as Ubuntu, Red Hat Enterprise, CentOS, SUSE Enterprise and openSUSE.
- Has knowledge and experience of designing thin client solutions from companies such as Dell Wyse and IGEL.
- Has knowledge and experience designing VMware Horizon Cloud solutions including the use of cloud and on-premises Virtual Desktop environments.
- Has knowledge and experience designing Virtual Desktop cloud solutions such as AWS Amazon Workspaces and Azure Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Understand the competition, ability to competitively position ebb3 and differentiate the offering.
- A clear understanding of technical solutions and how the value proposition enables the customers’ business to operate in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Excellent customer orientation and the ability to engender this culture throughout the Technical Sales process and influence others.
- The ability to work under pressure, demonstrating drive and a positive approach to work.
- Ability to learn and develop new skills whilst showing that you can prioritise work efficiently and productively and manage your time well.
- Challenges the status quo to create value for the organisation and our customers.
- Recognises and embraces change, seeking opportunities to foster innovation and continuous improvement.
- Self-motivator, results and quality orientated, good organisational skills, attention to detail, positive helpful attitude.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and listening) including an excellent telephone manner and strong customer-first focused skills.
- Possess and display business acumen.
- At least 2+ years of working experience delivering technical networking design & implementation of solutions to customers.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Networking & Security background (i.e., Networking, Security, Virtualisation, Storage)
- Networking /Security Accreditations to minimum CCNA or equivalent, with CCNP (preferred) with extensive project/engineering experience in networking competencies.
- Experience in enterprise LAN and WAN, wireless, firewall technologies, next-generation firewall technologies.
- Experience in routing, switching and security technologies within multi-tenant and data centre environments to a high level.
- Experience in completing a low level and high-level designs, following full technical pre-sales and project life cycle.
- MSP/ISP specific experience around support, projects, and technical pre-sales processes.
- ITIL Foundation (preferred)
The ideal candidate will also possess:
- Initiative - The willingness to move things forward by acting without needing to be asked and without due escalation.
- Achievement Orientation -The determination to perform at the highest standard, aiming to exceed norms and expectations.
- Customer Orientation - The ability to recognise both internal and external customers and the willingness to cooperate with them fully, to help them achieve their objectives.
- Analysis Skills - The ability to gather relevant information, notice relationships between different pieces of information, reason from cause to effect and generate effective solutions to practical problems.
- Adaptability - The ability to maintain effectiveness in a rapidly changing environment and the willingness to respond quickly and positively to change.
- Organisational Skills - The ability to marshal and manage resources (people, funding, materials, and support) to complete a proposal or project or task. Able to manage own time efficiently and to handle multiple activities in parallel to accomplish the goals. Ability to meet deadlines.
- Professional Expertise - The ability and motivation to apply and develop one’s own professional knowledge and to share this expertise with others.
Apply with your CV for immediate consideration, strictly no agencies.