VMware Horizon Engineer
The successful candidate will be working within the consultant engineering team at ebb3. We are a specialist business focussed on the delivery and management of NVIDIA GPU solutions.
You will be primarily focused on the implementation, and support of VMware Horizon VDI solutions using NVIDIA GPU accelerators. You will also work on projects involving solutions based on technologies such as Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, artificial Intelligence deep learning, rendering and virtual reality. As a member of the ebb3 engineering team you will also work closely with our service desk in supporting our managed services customers.
In the current environment, you will be working predominantly from home, visiting our offices in Wilmslow Cheshire from time to time to collaborate with other members of the team. You will be required to travel to customer sites throughout the UK to implement and support solutions – and you may also be required to travel internationally in the future. This also means you may be required to work outside of the normal business hours (9 am to 5:30 pm Monday to Friday) from time to time. You will also be expected to provide out-of-hours support as part of a support rota.
At ebb3 we value professional development so will be encouraged to pursue technical accreditations appropriate to your role. If you have not done so already, you will be encouraged to gain your VMware Certified Professional (VCP) Desktop and Mobility certification. If you already hold VCP Desktop and Mobility certification or higher, you will be encouraged to pursue more advanced or complementary technical accreditations.
- Must have worked in a technical support role troubleshooting incidents and problems raised through a service desk relating to installations of VMware Horizon.
- Is currently working as the lead technical architect in the design and implementation of VMware Horizon virtual desktop solutions responsible for writing the solution design, implementation plan, and support handover documentation.
- Has knowledge and experience of VMware Horizon 7.X, including the use of full clones, linked clones using View Composer, instant clones, Security Server, Unified Access Gateway, View Persona management, User Environment Manager, Dynamic Environment Manager, ThinApp, and App Volumes.
- Has knowledge and experience of the support, design, and operation of VMware vSphere ESXi and vCenter.
- Has knowledge and experience of the support, design, and operation of Microsoft Windows Server 2008R2 to 2019 and Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 plus core roles and features such as file and print services, Internet Information Services (IIS), Windows Deployment Services (WDS) and Windows Software Update Services (WSUS)
- Has knowledge and experience of the support, design and deployment of Microsoft Active Directory, Active Directory Group Policy, Distributed File System (DFS), Microsoft Cluster Server (MSCS), and Microsoft SQL.
- Has knowledge and experience of core IP networking skill such as IP address subnetting and services such as DNS, DHCP and the basic operation of a standard network firewall using Network Address Translation (NAT).
- Has knowledge and experience of the support, design, and operations of Application Load Balancing solutions from companies such as, Citrix, f5 or Kemp.
- Has a full UK driving licence
- Holds VMware Certified Professional – Desktop and Mobility, or higher professional certification.
- Has knowledge and experience of the support, design, and implementation of VMware Horizon 7.X NVIDIA vGPU Virtual Desktop solutions using PCoIP and Blast display protocols.
- Has knowledge and experience of the support, design, and implementation of VMware Horizon 7.X Linux Virtual Desktop Solutions.
- Has knowledge and experience of the support and operation of Linux desktop operating systems such as, Ubuntu, Red Hat Enterprise, CentOS, SUSE Enterprise and openSUSE.
- Has knowledge and experience of the support, design, and implementation of thin client solutions from companies such as, Dell Wyse and IGEL.
- Has knowledge and experience of the support, design, and implementation of VMware Horizon Cloud solutions including the use of cloud and on-premises Virtual Desktop environments.
- Has knowledge and experience of the support, design, and implementation of Virtual Desktop cloud solutions such as AWS Amazon Workspaces and Azure Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Has knowledge and experience of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops support, design, and operation.
- Has knowledge and experience of VMware vSAN support, design, and implementation.
- Has previously worked in a managed service organisation supporting and delivering services.
- Understanding of ITIL service management framework.
Apply with your CV for immediate consideration, strictly no agencies.