SportPesa Racing Point F1™ Team
Every milli-second counts in Formula 1™ – not just on the track but at every stage of the car’s life from design inception to the last race of the season.
It’s all about achieving the ultimate edge over the competition. Design teams must continually improve the cars performance:
- To create performance enhancing components
- To constantly refine and fine-tune
- To upgrade and replace parts
- To produce as many design iterations as possible
- To achieve aerodynamic enhancements
Tight regulations mean that testing and enhancements must be done during race practice. So engineers need access to the right information, at the right time, in any location. Races can’t be postponed; so the team that communicates fastest, wins.
Design-to-launch workflow is time-consuming in the motor industry. It takes up valuable development time and engineer resource.
SportPesa use Dassault Systèmes Catia v5 for projects. To improve performance they introduced Dassault Systèmes 3D experience platform – Catia v6 because:
- Parts design and analysis can be done in a virtual environment
- Design data can be re-used
- Engineers can focus on innovation
- Designs move directly from pencil sketches to CAD
- Development times reduce
Running Catia v5 and v6 simultaneously was crucial in maintaining current project success. SportPesa’s migration from Windows 7 to Windows 10 at the time added further complexity to the programme.
Working closely with SportPesa, ebb3 captured their needs to design the optimum digital workspace solution. Built on a completely new Windows 10 desktop infrastructure, the new virtual desktop allows Catia v5 and Catia v6 to be run side by side on existing workstation computers.
- Cisco’s HyperFlex All-flash hyperconverged platform was selected for its scalability and power.
- NVIDIA Tesla data centre graphics cards with NVIDA GRID GPU were used to enable 3D application delivery.
- Citrix workspace technology provided the supporting infrastructure.
“We knew we needed a service provider with the expertise to bring together the right combination of new technologies which would pave the way for our digital transformation. It was crucial that our existing platform was uninterrupted during the rollout and through consultation with ebb3, we knew we were in safe hands.”
BILL PETERS, CHIEF OF IT, RACING POINT
POWERED BY INDUSTRY LEADING TECHNOLOGY
UNIFIED USER EXPERIENCE
- Engineers can access Catia v6 wherever they are, on any device
- 3D graphics enhance the user experience
ENABLES BUSINESS COMPETITIVENESS
- Scalability is built-in so the solution grows with SportPesa demands
- Performance and processing power increased to support user demands
COST EFFECTIVE, SECURE AND SIMPLE
- Future needs are supported without disruption to current operations
- The “as-a-service” solution includes ongoing monitoring and support
- Cisco HyperFlex HX240c M5 All Flash Node (Version 3.5)
- Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect 6632
- NVIDA Tesla P40 Graphics Cards with NVIDIA GRID 8.0
- VMware vSphere v6.7
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1903